Most professional advisors concentrate their efforts on the preservation and enhancement of the financial capital aspect of family wealth.
At MK Consultants, alongside financial capital, we emphasise the need to focus on the human, intellectual and social capital elements, helping families understand and articulate their purpose and establishing and maintaining healthy relations.
We work alongside your existing advisors and by helping crystallise your purpose and values, they are better able to align their advice and services to deliver what matters most to you.
By investing in these areas, the next generation can share a mission that leverages the talents of each family member with the goal of the long-term preservation and enhancement of the family wealth in the widest sense over multiple generations.
The founders of MK Consultants have over 70 years of experience working with UHNW families from across the globe assisting them in the creation and implementation of wealth structuring solutions. Having worked for a variety of leading professional fiduciary service providers we are very well placed to assist families in a number of areas including succession planning, family governance, philanthropy, trustee selection, trustee relations, beneficiary education, and protectorships.
The creation and maintenance of trust in the truest sense of the word is pivotal to our client relationships. For example we:
- Avoid any conflicts of interest.
- Provide absolute transparency regarding our fees.
- Agree clear deliverables and fulfil our commitments.
- Say what we believe, even if this means challenging client positions or views.
Whilst we have many decades of experience in our field we continually seek to improve and are aware of and honest about our own limitations. We:
- Stay connected to a network of world class professionals providing complimentary services.
- Actively research new ideas and better methods.
- Seek out other experts who can improve our knowledge.
- Continuously evolve through client feedback and self-evaluation.
Relationships are at the core of all that we do. We help our client families optimise their own relationships through building our own. To do this we:
- Always respect the confidentiality and trust placed in us by all members of a client family and their advisors.
- Actively seek to understand the position and perspective of all stakeholders.
- Are sensitive to the feelings of all concerned, particularly when addressing difficult topics.
- Treat everyone with respect and care about their needs, concerns and well-being.